Thursday 22 January 2015

Adaptation B: Character Ideas

Captain Smith Coat of Arms

Here is the Smith family crest, as I had falconer which I am going to use as a Celtic name and Smith being very English I could use as my English character.  On top of the crest is a turkey symbol which I could use for my character. 

Symbolism of a Turkey: 
-"The turkey was thought to be sacred to ancient Mexican cultures. The Aztecs,Mayans and Toltecs viewed the turkey as a "jeweled bird" and also referred to it as the "Great Xolotl." Male turkeys were honored for their beauty and essence of cocky pride."
-With this in mind I could represent the character as a cocky character who is too stuck up for his own good - this would represent the English rather well. 



This is a design for the union crest which I like the idea of using the phoenix as a character, this character could be the ruler of the throne almost that keeps everyone in control. 

"Because of its ability to die and come back to life, the meaning of the phoenix has a foundation of resurrection. To wit, the phoenix was a symbol of Christ in the Middle Ages - specifically, His resurrection - having died on the cross and returned from death in three days, just as the legend of the phoenix."

Some Traits of a phoenix-

-Protection
-Immortality
-"After three days, the phoenix emerged from its own ashes - reborn and released from the sentence of death, able to live on forever." 

I'm un sure of the origin but I couldn't find a similar phoenix coat of arms to base a character from. 

No comments:

Post a Comment