Thursday 14 November 2013

Colour Thumbnails Lair Designs 1


Starting to incorporate colour within my thumbnails now to set the mood of the scene. This exercise was quick 30min-45min studies focusing on colour and atmosphere. Design wise I was thinking , tall pillars inside of the cave to give it more of a cathedral structure. The lair is still going to be a holy place, but with the shrine of the queens husband as the place of worship. I chose this  because I have decided to change the narrative being:  ''king Phruox, has given his soul to mountain and it is believed that his spirit is what is stopping the walls around them from caving in''.

I think I will have the shrine lit up with candles by its feet, and to have some other lights hanging from the pillars to help light up the scene. I'm having a bit of trouble with the background of the piece and still unsure how to paint that into the scene but by doing these more I think it will help my design development  and it will help especially with the use colour :).

3 comments:

  1. I like no.4. I can imagine that figure being a lot smaller in that space though to fully emphasise the tall pillars :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I wasn't sure about the other three too, thankyou I'll take this forward when developing my next set :)

      Delete
  2. I agree with Anita about number 4, I'm also Loving the colours that you've used

    ReplyDelete